How To Install Privset App on Windows PC & MacBook
Download Privset software for PC with the most potent and most reliable Android Emulator like NOX APK player or BlueStacks. All the Android emulators are completable for using Privset on Windows 10, 8, 7, computers, and Mac.
- Download Emulators for Windows PC from official pages below to install them.
- Best emulators are here: BlueStacks.com; Or as an alternative BigNox.com.
- Open Android emulator and login with Google account.
- Privset app available on Play Store. So search and find it.
- Choose install option under the Privset logo, and enjoy!
FAQ Of Privset- Features and User Guide
*Please read whole explanation before installing it!
Demo video of Privset https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbjZuhqPGtM
What is “Privset”?
– Privset is an android app which allows users to change non-changeable device-specific system settings through overlaying android framework with help of android’s RRO and OMS systems (please look at the above for detailed info)
It requires ROOT privilege to do that, so your device MUST be *rooted* in order to use the app
It reads the current status of your system settings and allows you to change it
How it works?
– Starting from Android 6.0 Google implemented RRO (runtime-resource-overlays) system into android, what is that? it simply allows changing resources of applications (colors,backgrounds,texts etc.) without touching app itself, if you heard of “Substratum”, its an theme engine app which uses the same mechanism to overlay(change) application”s resources so you can change any color,background etc of any app via “Substratum” by installing substratum theme addon apps,
– RRO system basically swaps new resource values with default ones of application
– And starting from Android 8 Oreo, Google improved the RRO system and renamed it to OMS (overlay-management-system) OMS is just superior of RRO, both do the same, overlaying(changing) applciaiton’s resources
– In the android, there is an system app called “framework-res.apk”, framework-res (framework-resources) as the name implies, contains resources of frameworks, What are these resources? System colors(colors.xml), System texts(strings.xml), System settings (config.xml)
– With the help of RRO and OMS systems we can overlay(change) framework-res app, hence we can change system settings too (config.xml)
– But how can we use RRO and OMS, you basically need to compile overlay app(so you need PC and android studio) carefully and deploy it into phone,
Here the Privset automates all the process for you in a phone itself 🙂
it reads the current values of the system resources/settings with using android’s public APIs (Resources.getSystem())
For more info about RRO and OMS you can google it (“android runtime resource overlay” and “android overlay-manager-system”)
WARNING: Read carefully of each setting and change the value according to it carefully,
– You can also reset your custom settings within app (it simply deletes installed overlay packages(e.g changed system settings)
– Plus i also added flashable packages into app so you can flash it through Recovery mode of your phone if you encounter any problem
DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Use it at your own risk, I’m not forcing you to install my app so I can’t be held responsible for something you willingly do to your device
As i explained above, Privset uses OMS and RRO overlaying systems which overlay(change) app’s resources without touching the app itself, so dont afraid so much 🙂
* ROOT is required
* Only 6.0 Marshmallow and above are supported
I also added instructions into app for about reporting bugs or requesting features but you can also fill issue and send it through https://github.com/sirmordred/Privset
Plus you can contact me via [email protected]
What’s New On New Version Of Privset
* Added feedback url/website which you can send your logs directly
* Corrected more typos on text fields
This app is the property of its developer/inc. We are not an affiliated partner of Privset. Every element about Privset apps like images and trademarks etc. are the property of the respective owner of Privset.
Also, we do not use our server to download Privset apps. Download starts from the authorized website of the Privset app.